Type of assignment
Prime contractor for the geothermal heating network in the towns of Bobigny and Drancy. Retrofitting the power plant, including incorporation of heat pumps and an extension of the heating network (development of the distribution network and retrofitting the substations).
Eventually, the network will deliver 200 GWh.
A few figures
Duration of the project
Total cost of the work
Delivered by the network
Description of the work
A 3-year assignment:
- 2019: Studies and preparation of the tender documents
- Summer 2020: Retrofitting the existing boiler house and 53 substations, connecting 10 municipal buildings and social housing units, extending the existing network in Bobigny by 8 km.
- Summer 2021: Connecting 22 substation, extending the network in Drancy by 6 km.
Purpose of the work:
- Creating surface facilities for the geothermal plant and retrofitting Bobigny’s existing boiler house.
- Installing the geothermal heating network in the council areas of Bobigny and Drancy, and connecting the subscribers.
This project aims to capitalize on the local area’s geothermal resources while also deploying the existing network to enable new users to be connected.
More references !